Occasionally, there are horses that stand out more than another for us, sometimes equally, but in different ways.
- Tell us about your once in a life time horse…
- Do you own that horse now?
- If you haven’t had that experience, what do you imagine that horse to be?
- How did your expectation of this horse differ from the reality? (Often, it’s the horses we don’t connect with right away that can become incredibly special.)
- If you could choose a once in a lifetime horse right now, what would you look for?
What kind of riding do you do now?
- What style of riding (or sport) did you start in?
- How has that evolved? If not, what keeps you interested?
- If you had no limitations (age, physical ability, money) what horse sport would you immediately try that is different than the one you are in, and why?
- What does your ideal ride look/feel like today?
What are your greatest weakness(es) around horses?
- Do you find yourself scared of one particular thing? How do you deal with it?
- Do you occasionally bite off more than you can chew?
- Or do you not challenge yourself enough?
- Is it easy or hard to lose your temper?
- Are you a tack addict?
- And obsessive clipper of hearts on butts?
These are just suggestions to oil the machinery, if you have your own, great!
What are your greatest strengths around horses?
- Are you steady, and able to give the horse a sense of security?
- Maybe it’s patience or careful thinking?
- Maybe you know how to get a horse interested in the work, and light the fire?
- How is it different on the ground than in the saddle?
This can also be: how did you get your first steady ride.
How Did You Get Your First Horse?
- Was it easy or hard?
- What did getting your first horse involve?
- Did you already know something about horses?
- How old were you?
What is your first memory of a horse?
- What were your sensory impressions?
- How did you react, initially?
- What did you feel?